With eUK Shared Web Hosting and eUK Reseller Web Hosting, you get a host of SEO tools to help optimise your site for search engines and to guide you in the direction to making your web site a success. However as well as SEO tools, you need original, unique content that you update often – especially if it is a blog. You can check our articles on writing good quality articles – tips and advice for blog owners and editors, free ways on search engine optimising your web site and things you can do to make your blog more search engine optimised.
We’ve partnered with Attracta to offer these SEO tools to you free of charge:
Search Engine Optimisation is an important attribute of the success of your web sites. In the SEO Tools section you can execute various checks to ensure that:
- - Your domain is not blacklisted with Google.
- - Your site is listed in Google (and to submit it if it isn’t).
- - Submit your site to Attracta’s high page-ranking online web directory.
- - Link Facebook and Twitter to your web site – social is very important to most online businesses and can help generate more traffic and income for your business.
This section gives you valuable Search Engine Optimisation tips to ensure you understand key things you can do to optimise your site and the most important areas of it.
- - Ten top SEO tips.
- - Writing meta tags: You may not realise but Google still makes use of meta tags, as do other search engines. We do recommend you make use of meta tags – they are useful from a search engine optimisation perspective even though some people say otherwise.
- - Using Twitter and Facebook to promote your web site, business or e-commerce store.
- - Google’s own guide to improving the optimisation of your website.
- - Google’s own webmaster guidelines which can also help with regards to search engine optimisation.
Some of our own SEO tips.
- - Focus on high-quality content and update your content often.
- - Do not over-optimise your site with too many keywords or hyperlinks. Google’s algorithm is smart and will understand if your site is doing this. Your site may either be removed from search engine listings in the worst-case scenario or de-ranked.
- - Having a good search ranking in Bing and other search engines is indeed a good thing too. Many people do actually use other search engines including Bing, Yahoo! and Ask Jeeves.
- - Get link-exchanges with similar sites and blogs. Make sure the link-exchanges benefit you from an SEO perspective (in other words, make sure the other blog does not add a rel=”nofollow” attribute to your hyperlink on their website or blog.
- - Always attribute sources, for example if you have used an excerpt of an article from another site, make sure you provide a link-back to the source. It’s also fine to have the link-back with a rel=”nofollow” attribute which tells compliant search engines (such as Google) to not follow the URL and so it would be useless from an SEO point of view.
- - Advertise your web site where you can – it can help with backlinks and traffic (and SEO).
- Have good file names for the different areas of your web site so it stands out in search results. For example for a page on computer mice accessories, instead of “mice.php”, naming your file “computer-mice-accessories-peripherals.php” is better for SEO and search results (as shown below, highlighted areas of our page for cPanel Web Hosting).