cPanel is one of the most popular Linux control panels available and is used by a number of web hosting companies to offer low cost Linux web hosting services as not only is it relatively cheap to use, but it is also one of the most intuitive control panels available for both server administrators and hosting customers. By combining cPanel with a cloud hosting environment, web hosting companies are able to offer highly reliable Linux cloud hosting plans that will be suitable for users of all levels; cloud hosting services can offer up to 100% guaranteed uptime and cPanel is seen as being a very stable control panel, therefore meaning that downtime is something that you are unlikely to experience with a cPanel cloud hosting plan. cPanel cloud hosting is very similar to shared web hosting with the features that you receive and the environment in which you are hosted, with the main difference being in the levels of security and uptime provided by your web hosting company; however, for the extra price that you will be paying for cloud web hosting you should come to expect certain benefits and these two advantages will certainly make cPanel cloud hosting good value for money. The features offered by cPanel cloud hosting will be the same as if you were to purchase a standard cPanel shared hosting plan or reseller hosting plan meaning that if you have already familiarized yourself with all that the software has to offer, upgrading to a cPanel shared hosting plan will be a natural progression; if you choose to go for a dedicated cloud hosting service with which you can create your own virtual machines, you will be able to install cPanel on your VMs as you would with any other VPS server or dedicated server.
What are the main features of the cPanel control panel?
cPanel as a Linux web hosting control panel is able to offer you the following features:
- Web traffic information – you can use cPanel to assist you with the SEO of your website because it provides a lot of information on the traffic and visitors to your website that you can then use when it comes to carry out advertising campaigns because it will offer you an audience at which you can target your ads – it is important for webmasters to keep an eye on their web traffic statistics so that they are aware of any falls in visitor numbers that their may be so that they can take the appropriate action to counteract this as soon as possible – furthermore, by being able to keep tabs on where your visitors are located in the world and how they are reaching your website you are able to create content based around this so that you will be sure that people will continue to visit your website and are highly likely to refer to it on to friends that may be interested in the content
- Developer tools – cPanel can provide developers with many tools to enhance their experience whilst developing a website, enabling them to complete certain tasks in a shorter space of time – with just a few clicks a developer can view a server’s PHP configuration, providing them with an overview of what they have to work with when developing a PHP website so that they are able to work within their limitations to develop a website that they are sure will work with their cPanel cloud hosting plan – developers can also take advantage of the PHPMyAdmin administration tool that is included for the management of MySQL databases through their web browser, providing all the features of a traditional desktop database management tool within the portability that web-based tools are able to offer – finally, cPanel will also provide you with a File Manager application so that you are able to upload files to your cloud account on the move without the need for FTP access to your hosting account
- Account backups – cPanel will automatically backup your cloud hosting account on a regular basis (granted that your web hosting provider has this setup) so that you don’t have to worry about data loss if there happens to be an incident that could wipe data from the cloud – from the cPanel client control panel you also have the option to take your own backups that can be saved on your computer if you wish to keep them for your own peace of mind or want to move over to another cPanel web hosting provider.
How will a cloud hosting environment benefit me?
Cloud web hosting is one of the most recent innovations in the web hosting industry and will offer you the following features:
- Uptime improvements – a cloud web hosting environment of any level can provide you with improvements in uptime, as a cPanel cloud web hosting customer you will notice huge improvements in the level of reliability provided over a standard cPanel shared web hosting plan and this should help to justify the cost of a cloud hosting solution – with cloud hosting many advances have been made in the art of clustered web hosting to enable web hosting companies to use server clusters in a way that provides them with a single platform that data can be distributed across to provide the ultimate in data security
- Resource enhancements – because of the scale of the cloud in most cases, you are able to upgrade the individual resources of your cPanel cloud hosting account as you wish and as your needs dictate to provide you with the extra headroom you require when your website is experience high visitor numbers – as the amount of content on your website increases you will find that you will need to expand the resources of your hosting account and you can do this to match the pace of the expansion of your website, ensuring that you only ever pay for resources that you are using and nothing more because you can increase individual resources such as your disk space or bandwidth without having to touch the rest of your web hosting plan.